E-Pharmacies is emerging as a full-fledged distribution channel for quinolone antibacterial drugs: Fact.MR
Demand for antibacterial drugs is expected to reach around US $ 51 billion by the end of 2025, according to a recently published Fact.MR study, which is hitting sales of brand-name drugs hard. However, increased public-private funding is expected to support the development of new drugs, thus strengthening the pipeline of new therapies in the antibacterial drug market. Against the background of these influences, a recently released report by Fact.MR portends that the market for antibacterial drugs will grow at a slow CAGR of 1.5% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
A senior research consultant at Fact.MR predicts,“Many brand name drugs are about to expire, and there are fewer antibacterial drugs in the pipeline. Regional and local players are developing generic drugs in large quantities to bridge the gap between supply and demand, which may result in low return on investment for major players in the antibacterial drugs market.
Request a sample report to get complete market insights
Antibacterial Drugs Market – Assessment of Key Segments
|Route of administration||
For more information on the research approach used in the report, request the methodology
Highlights of Antibacterial Drugs Market Research
• Macrolides quickly replace quinolones thanks to their high efficiency; however, the increasing use of -lactam alongside a large number of drugs under development in the phase 3 trial is expected to maintain the lead in this class of drugs over the forecast period.
• Convenience remains a determining factor when it comes to the preferred route of administration. The propensity of patients to enteral drugs is expected to increase, due to oral therapy and relatively safe use compared to the parenteral route of administration.
• Currently, e-pharmacies are facing challenges, such as online retailers’ unhappiness with government regulations, concerns about the credibility of prescribing, counterfeit drugs and delays in prescribing. shipping. However, in the future, this distribution channel will remain essential to stimulate sales in foreign markets.
• The wide availability of over-the-counter (OTC) drugs and generic drugs could limit drug penetration in the antibacterial drug market in Asia Pacific. However, the expiration of drug patents in North America and Europe will also cause a shift from brand name drugs to generic drugs, which could prevent the antibacterial drug market from realizing its true revenue potential.
A senior research consultant at Fact.MR predicts, “Many brand name drugs are about to expire, and there are fewer antibacterial drugs in the pipeline. Regional and local players are developing generic drugs in large quantities to bridge the gap between supply and demand, which may result in low return on investment for major players in the antibacterial drugs market.
Manufacturers experiment with route of administration to improve drug efficacy
The antibacterial drug market represents a fragmented landscape, in which Bayer AG, Pfizer Inc., Merck Co., Inc., Allergan Inc. and GlaxoSmithKline PLC occupy leading positions. Pharmaceutical companies are experimenting with the route of administration to improve the effectiveness of drugs. For example, the Amikacin inhaler is available as a nanoscale liposomal formulation, which is effective for the treatment of chronic pulmonary P. aeruginosa infections in cystic fibrosis.
Full access to this report is available at
In addition to this, the governments of many countries, especially developed countries, are playing an active role in empowering drug manufacturers to introduce new formulations. An example of this can be taken from the CDER Antibacterial Drug Development Task Force established by the United States Food and Drug Administration. The foundation of this unit is the extension of government support for the development of new antibacterial drugs.
The collaborations of antibacterial drug market players with universities, biotechnology companies, regulatory authorities and pharmaceutical companies are also seen as a strategic decision to gain the mutual benefit of technology and expertise.
- Bayer AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Merck & Co., Inc
- Johnson and Johnson
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Novartis AG
- Allergen Plc.
The answers to the following questions covered in the report are:
- How will the global antibacterial drugs market perform during the forecast period? How big will the market be in terms of value and volume?
- Which segment will drive the global antibacterial drugs market? Which regional market will show significant growth in the future? What are the reasons?
- How will market dynamics change due to the impact of future market opportunities, constraints and drivers?
- What are the key strategies adopted by the players to maintain themselves in the global Antibacterial Drugs market?
- How will these strategies influence market growth and competition?
For more information
Find More Valuable Insights About Antibacterial Drugs Market
Fact.MR in its new offering puts forward an unbiased analysis of the global antibacterial drugs market, presenting historical demand data (2015-2019) and forecast statistics for the period 2020-2025. The study reveals compelling insights into the antibacterial drugs market on the basis of drug class (β-lactams, quinolones, macrolides, tetracycline, aminoglycosides, sulfonamide, phenicols and others), route of administration (enteral, parenteral and others (inhalation, topical, etc.)) and the distribution channel (hospital pharmacies, drugstores and retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies), in five major regions.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1000 companies trust us to make their most critical decisions. We have offices in the United States and Dublin, while our global headquarters are in Dubai. While our experienced consultants use the latest technology to extract hard-to-find information, we believe our USP is the trust clients have in our expertise. Covering a wide spectrum – from Automotive and Industry 4.0 to Healthcare and Retail, our coverage is broad, but we make sure that even the most specialized categories are analyzed. Contact us with your goals, and we will be a competent research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, Maryland 20852
Phone. : +1 (628) 251-1583
The head office:
Unit number: AU-01-H Gold Tower (AU),
Plot number: JLT-PH1-I3A,
Jumeirah Lakes Tours,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Email: [email protected]